Today was the first "official' gruelling session from my thesis advisor for my thesis....Last night around 11:00 PM he'd sent me a mail saying he wants to look at the 1st draft of the complete thesis this morning.....The good girl that I am, had completed the draft by then and took printouts of the thesis. (Ok, a little something about my advisor here.....My advisor is a kind of a person who's very particular about the references and citations in the thesis and wanted me to use a software in Linux (Latex) for writing references. But, I'd used MS Word for doing the references inspite of him telling me so many times because its so much easier to do it in Word....)
I wasnt confident at all about my style of writing and the content because this is the first time in my life, I'm writing a document of an entire 50-60 pages, all by myself....I hardly slept last night, and in the little time I slept, I had nightmares about the session with my professor. Finally, around 2:00 AM this morning, I thought to myself, "I am prepared for the worst, and if the best comes, let it be a pleasant surprise!"....So, with these thoughts, I slept finally...And soon,my day dawned. The session started around 9:30 AM and was at its best until 10:00 AM. He seemed to be impressed with my writing....I couldnt believe it myself...I was the happiest person in the world...Suddenly, he noticed a reference somewhere in the middle of a chapter which did not refer to the correct reference and "looked" at me!. So, there ends the story and there started the REAL session....But in the end when he finished reading the entire document, this is what he said.."Ok, I think its a pretty reasonable document, what you have now". I dont know what this means! But, I was satisfied with the entire thing today inspite of his acid remarks on my references, probably because I was expecting something worser than this to happen! And it didnt....I thought to myself, "Thats ok....Its a part of every professor's life and part of my life too"....I learnt a good lesson....So, after all these, I started converting the entire document to Latex Form...and that took almost the whole day and damn! Its just totally the opposite of the easiest way of doing it in Word....In the evening, a very tiring and long trip to the Walmart. A long day it was....But at the end of the day, what a surprise! I got a lil something from my best bud in India through one of my friends who just returned back to the US after an India trip...In case he's reading this post, I'd like to say "Thank you so much....Its beautiful and I just luv it!"...This came just at the right moment and was the only thing that cheered me up today amidst all the pressures.....
Ok, am literally dozing off....Yet another big day ahead tomorrow!
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thirumathi.Palanichami...
gud post once again...some of the phrases u have used are really gud...i will also try to use them...
smells fishy abt lil something from special someone :)
thanks sundar! Fishy....hmmm...nothing at all! Was from my "bestest" bud thats all!
special gift???? ur nigerian bf's??
also, my thesis is in same state as ur team mate!!!
pudhu blog pudhu clothes (i guess?!) kalakunga machi!
anyways, watta day!! even i was tired out but had no surprise to cheer me up.
vids, ur my source of inspiration for my big T! hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
shrimats.
"Last night around 11:00 PM he'd sent me a mail saying he wants to look at the 1st draft of the complete thesis this morning.....The good girl that I am, had completed the draft by then and took printouts of the thesis."
Echa naaye nee "good girl"aa??
Post a Comment