Somehow, I felt there was nothing to write about, but crap, in the last 3 days.....So, one more long weekend has passed by and a big week ahead of me. Did a lil bit of work for my thesis on Saturday and Sunday. And on Sunday evening, some of my friends here (including me!) suddenly started craving for Indian food and so! We were at Baton Rouge India's for lunch on Monday...(We- Chowdhry,Prashanth, Socrates,Cheemz and me.....I must mention here that Cheemz and Chowdhry have a weird relationship where Cheemz calls Chowdhry as "thambi"(younger brother) and chowdhry calls Cheemz as "thangachi!" (younger sister)...Can it get more weird????). Ok, back on track, one of the few things that I've been terribly missing at the US of A is good south indian food..Lafayette has no Indian Restaurants and the closest place we could ever smell Indian food is Baton Rouge.....Ate to our fullest, for the 10$ we paid for the buffet.....Once we were there at the restaurant, we never thought how weird it was to have dosai,naan,rice and pudding all at the same time!
And after some usual photo sessions, while coming back we started playing this game in the car, where I start with a word and the next person should say something related to that and it goes on. At some point, we start with the last word and keep saying the words in the reverse order. So, I started with the word "blue" and the game went on! Once, Prashanth said "thangaachi!" and I was to say the next word. I said "paasa malar!" (was reminded of the sivaji ganesan-savithri movie that time)....and next it was chowdhry's turn! Guess what he'd have said....he said "cheemz!"......Cheemz was completely overwhelmed and was at a loss for words! You should have seen the look on her face! That said it all!!!!
And so, after all this, we started working again...I have a deadline coming up soon and the rest of them had an algorithms homework to complete....In the middle of work, we thought we'd go for dinner and ate at a chinese place....While I was at the restuarnt with these ppl, I got a call from one of my friend's at Lafayette asking me if I knew something about "something" (I am sorry, I cannot furnish more details on this..) that happened in Lafayette on Monday.....and that was enough for all of us to spice up the dinner with the already spiced-up chinese food that we were having....especially, chowdhry,I and Cheemz were in full-form! guessing what wouldve happened.....And Chowdhry the 5-year old guy he is, started doing things which couldnt get any more funnier! and we all laughed like crazy.....It was one of the memorable moments I've had in Lafayette so far! and the talk did not end even after coming home and the funniest thing was, one of the guys didn't even start with the algorithms homework, ended up gossiping about this until 11:00 P.M in the night....! I am sure ppl who saw us laughing, wouldve, without any doubts, thought, we were totally drunk!
So, Monday was a good day! We had lots of fun...and oh I forgot! Some of my friends had been to Niagra and Newyork for the long weekend..Guys, hope you had loads of fun and do send us the pics!
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
lol! good post, honored to be mentioned here! ;)
so u did notice the expression on my face? chaaa!! cudnt hide it well. :)
seriously endless laughter yday.. today sure the crying! :)
keep blogging, vids!
Good work!!!! lol.. i too enjoyed a lot ystrdy after a long time.. and btw it was a nice post..
hi machi,
could imagine the fun u guys had....
we also had lots of fun...adventures rather :)
we missed u all......
btw wat happened to "something"? :D
Vidhya your posts bring Lafayette and all the Wondeful times right before my eyes ! Good Work !
and btw .... who is the someone, and what is the something ? hmmm ... something something !
Post a Comment