Got approval from Graduate School to go ahead and bind my thesis copies today! And, I printed out the copies and got them signed from my thesis committee...So, that "officially" says I have a Masters Degree now and it also says, "No more tests/compres/assignments/seminars"......I dont know if I should feel happy or sad about this....
I started thinking about how I was 6 years back when I stepped into BITS. BITS has truly shaped me into a very strong person, given me love and most importantly the lovely people associated with it! Every memory of that place is just priceless! I guess, everyone has this feeling...whenever you hear some song, you get reminded of a place/people and go back in time and think about the times spent there/with them!.....So, thats what happened with me too....I started listening to "Aaja maahiya" from the movie Fiza....and I could even exactly recall that I'd gone to *Birla Mandir* in Pilani one evening after listening to this song before an *adcal test* and it was the day after *BOSM*! So, that led me to listen to so many other songs from movies that came out during my 4 years of stay at Pilani.....and memories of Pilani came flooding..
People say, "its not the place, its the people who matter!"....But to me, any day, I'd even love to sit alone in the Birla Mandir or Sky lawns or the backside of IC and enjoy a hot chaai or a cold shikanji!
Ok, I guess this is turning out to be a typical senti post which I bet you will definitely find in any BITSIAN's blog! Yet, it gives so much happiness and the very thoughts are so comforting!
The 8 AM common hours, the cold mornings with the damp fog....the wing lachaa and fun,
combined crash, gate calls (and how can I forget the blushes that come along!!!!)
the dance and dialogue exchange that Harini and I do just to irritate Madhu,
the way I irritate Gayathri by saying "aiyo...gayathri thaanga mudila....naaraasamaa iruku!",
"ei....indhaadhi kappa kezhange" (Gugi, miss ya!!!!),
appu and preethi's awesome strawberry cakes for birthdays, the super six gang, the terrific trio,
Standing in long queues at the IPC just to check a mail from "someone" (wink), ghotting sessions in the Refli, nite outs, watching the Birla Mandir view from FD-2,
Senti-sem - heights of vettiness, wing treats, sam chat, chaai, audi movies, "naa indha test soore zuk....(with a totally dismal look on the face)", and laughing over it after 5 seconds throwing it away and going to c'not!
The list goes endless!
I have lost touch with so many people whom I promised to e-mail/write to when I left BITS....
So, whoever is reading this, "Thank you guys! Love ya!!!...Times spent with you were absolutely fun and will always treasure all those moments"....
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hi machi...
i guess u r in a sentio-mania....
senti dialogues-kku oru alave illama poidichu....
anyways nice post... brought lots of smile in me....
@sundar: idhelaam apdiye thaana vardhaan sundar!!!
sokka sonna pa....
=))
awesome vids..
just a few hours left for ur flight to India..great!!!!
--amit
also, got 2 know that u danced well..awesome, again
Post a Comment