Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mozhi-A musical feast!

The movie Mozhi has been hailed as a very simple and sweet movie in the recent times. I've been mesmerized by the song "Kaatrin mozhi". It just melts my heart whenever I listen to it. Have been humming it all day long since I woke up. A beautiful melody after a very long time! Vairamuthu has been too poetic and both the male and female versions are equally awesome!

One another song from the same movie, is "kannal pesum penne" by SPB. From the lyrics, I am guessing the song is about a guy trying to console his sweetheart who's angry with him. This song's lyrics is just too sweet. He says, how his life is without talking to her!

"vaazhkai thuvarkudhadi, vayaso kasakudhadi...
saigaiyile enai manithu, saabam theeradi....

sella konjam vendaam...chinna cheendal podhum
paarthu pazhaga vendaam, paadhi chiripu podhum
kaara paarvai vendaam, ora paarvai podhum

vaazhkai kadakudhadi, naatkal naraikudhadi
iru kanaal en vaazhvai nee eeram seiyadi!"

This song is inspired by "walking in the moonlight..Ilamaan kanilude" - (A mallu song sung by Hariharan) by vidyasagar himself.

After a very long time, I've liked all the songs in a movie :)

4 comments:

Sundar said...

just heared mozhi, not very gud..but not bad too.... liked that Kaatrin mozhi very much though...dint like kannal pesum penne very much.. may be i shd listen some more times....

~ said...

I saw the movie & here is my piece of performance review without much detail abt the storyline.

"Kaatrin mozhi" is the best of the lot. Others are just fillers.

~ said...

& the review is here

~ said...

& the review is here