Friday, March 9,2007:
We officially got approval to get the DirecTV package for World Cup Cricket in the office. That means, endless screaming during office hours! Me turning into a cricket fanatic again!
Sometime around the evening, my manager offered to send me to a summit at the headquarters in SFO. I booked the tickets immediately before he could change his mind :))
The temperature was close to the 60's for the first time in 2 months.
Saturday, March 10,2007
One of my best friends had come to Pittsburgh from NJ. It was great meeting her after 3 years!
Spent the day with her and went around Pittsburgh for quite sometime.
Sunday, March 11,2007
Flew to San Francisco. Reached SFO late that night, and had "aathu" rasam and authentic home-made lemon pickle after a REAL long time in my cousin's place!
Monday, March 12,2007
Got ready early in the morning for the summit. SFO rocked!!!! The weather was beautiful and I was awstruck at the first sight of the NetApp headquarters in Sunnyvale. The infrastructure at the HQ was simply phenomenal!
Day 1 @ the summit was good, though, I was totally swamped with information. Only 20% went inside and rest all were OHT!
In the evening, while waiting at the HQ for my cousin to come and pick me up, I sat in the sun for quite sometime as I realised I'd never get this chance when I get back to Pitt. :)
I loved the roads, the weather and just everything about SFO! By the end of the day, I was pretty much sure I would get a transfer to the HQ after a year more at Pitt, the earliest I can get a transfer!
Had dinner at a Thai restaurant in Silicon Valley and a perfect end to the day with an icecream at an Italian place.
My cousin's place is the best! I watched SUN Tv for quite sometime that night before going to bed and that night was the best sleep I ever had in 2 months!
Tuesday, March 13,2007
Called Sundar and made plans to meet for dinner that evening.
Same routine at the summit-Day 2.
Met Sundar and Prashanth that evening and had dinner at an Indian restaurant, which made the trip complete in all ways! :)
They dropped me at the airport and I am back here at Pitt!
So, that was a great weekend I had after a long time!
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"that was a great weekend I had after a long time"... for me too :)
get a transfer here ASAP
yeah, SFO does rocks!!! totally....
and now, who's grapes are sour indeed??? :)
@sundar: I never said "Pittsburgh DOES NOT rock" or "SFO ONLY rocks!"...probably, I shdve been more explicit saying "SFO rocks too!" u see that? :)
i dint either say that "Pittsburgh DOES NOT rock" or "SFO ONLY rocks!"...
seemed like u loved SFO more than Pittsburgh. The way u describes stuffs abt SFO will make anyone think like that... mentioning "I loved the roads, the weather and just everything about SFO!"
if "Pittsburgh rocks too!" y do u want to do "I would get a transfer to the HQ after a year more at Pitt, the earliest I can get a transfer!"... u can be in Pittsburgh itself, the same place that rocks too and rock???!!!
Post a Comment