Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Five things I hold very close to my heart!

Listed below are things that I hold very close to my heart, like my family and friends! The fondness and the passion that I have for these will never fade away.....They can energize me to the hilt even in the darkest of times and just any lull day! And, I have, many a times, observed that once I start on them, I tend to become too obsessed, that I cannot let go of 'em! Given the time and space, I'd love and hope to pursue them sometime in life!

1. Bharathiyin kavidhaigal
2. Tamizh sanga ilakiyangal, Historical Tamizh novels (Ponniyin selvan, Pandiyan parisu et al.)
3. Shlokas
4. Painting
5. Bhagavad Gita

And I'm not at all suprised that most of them are in one way or the other related to my passion for Tamizh or traditions and practices of the religious sect I belong to!

இனி என்னைப் புதிய உயிராக்கி, மதி தன்னை மிகத் தெளிவு செய்து, என்றும் சந்தோஷம் கொண்டிருக்கச் செய்வாய்!



And oooh! ooooh!

Hint: Any of these would make a great gift for my upcoming birthday! :D

3 comments:

Sasi said...

Bharathi kavithai .... nerayya padichathu illai .... aana ,onnu onnu padikkum pothum ... manasula oru ... 'Powerful Yadhaartham', 'oru alaviladanga aasai - to be more and more and more better' ...... romba sulabama, yadhaarthama, simple tamil-la antha aasaya thoondi vitturaraarey bharathi !

Bhagavat Geethayin Saaramsam ... apdeenu, dhayanantha sarawathy yezuthina Kutti book onnu irukku ... Padichurukkiya ? It is a Great one.

Vidhya Venkat said...

@sasi: Bharathi rocks! Murukku meesai mundaasu kavi-nu manasukulla oru thadavai solume pothe, proud-a iruku, and I really do get goosebumps when I tell that!

Have just started reading bhagvad gita....India porapo, will get the book u mentioned, along with the loads of other tamizh books I've planned to get!

Sundar said...

may be i shd too come up with a list like this for my upcoming b'day...