Diwali 2006 actually didnt start cheerfully...One reason, the awful lot of Diwali Wishes pouring into my inbox made me really really sad and to add on, on the eve of Diwali, me and my lil group of friends here at Lafayette started discussing about how much fun Diwali would be in India...the sweets amma makes, the pleasant torture of crackers, the diwali medicine to compensate for the sweets, temple,relatives and togetherness!....And then I called home to wish amma and appa and when amma said "Unna romba miss panrom kanamma...We were just thinking about you!".....I was in tears...Oh my god! Just thinking about all these left me really really depressed....I wasnt at all looking forward to this day because I knew it was gonna bring me down further!
I was just thinking how much fun Diwali times used to be when I was at home or at Pilani.....When I was at home, on the eve of Diwali, we used to burst crackers until late night, and compete with each other on who gets to burst the first cracker on the next day....Diwali day, amma wakes me up around 4:00 am and after a nice warm oil bath, we get to wear new salwars/dress.....Exhaust the flower pots, hydrogen bomb,atom bomb,seven shots and chakra in the morning with appa and friends, and come home all dirtied with the crackes smell.....Then, we used to parade in the temple, just to meet other buddies in new clothes in the temple....Amma's delicious sweets and food....And then, those special programmes on SUN TV and the arguments appa and I have over the Solomon Paapaiya or Leony pattimandram! and watching those "thiraiku vandhu sil vaarangale aana putham pudhiya thiraipadams" lying on amma's lap....It was heaven!
Ok..I am feeling after cribbing about being homesick and the diwali feel....It sure did help! Folks, Wishing you all a very very Happy and Safe Diwali...
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment