I guess finally God heard my endless cribbing on the last post about missing the fun on Diwali and decided to make me feel better....So, there came a trip to New Orleans on Diwali day. The masterminds behind the trip were Charlie and Opicer....right from convincing people for a 2 day trip until renting a car and managing to find a hotel close to the most beautiful part of NO, the french quarter.....On the eve of Diwali, all of us wanted to get new clothes and so, we'd been to the mall.....Of late, all of us have seen a drastic change in Opicer's dressing sense for reasons only him and God knows, but its been awesome...I luv his choices, be it anything.....So, opicer got a whole lot of new clothes and all of us did!
So, we came back pretty late from the mall and our champion whiner Charlie starts whining about nobody caring to take printouts of directions for the next day's trip. So all of us went to the lab to take printouts and look at some of the places to visit while at NO.....And as usual, Opicer and Charlie start their mischief and start doing crazy things.....Soc and I were seriously looking for some sight-seeing places at NO and we found an aquarium, cruise and a zoo....
Now comes Charlie into the scene after all those mischiefs, he comes and stands behind me and Soc...
(I was trying to find out the direction from Lafayette to the aquarium and the aquarium is called "Aquarium of the Americas".....).
Vidhya : Typing.....Aquarium of the Americas...(on google maps)
Charlie: (with a serious look on his face, interrupts me ), ei...enna kalaaikariyaa?
Vidhya: enna solra da loose?
Charlie: elaarum inga serious-aa map, hotel-nu paathitu irukom, nee engala kalaaikarathukune "aquarium of the americaaaaaaaaaas"-nu type adikariyaa nee? enna nakkal-aa? "aquarium of the americas-aaaaam"!!!!.....
Vidhya: I couldnt control my laughter and so did everyone else....We burst into laughter....
(The aquarium was indeed called like that! and only after this incident, I realised it was a funny name!!!I am reminded of Joey in FRIENDS here.....there's a scene that comes when he tries to make every phrase sound sexier and hot...He tries to say "hmmmm...Grandma's chicken salad" and it indeed sounds sexy....So does this guy....He has this ability to make any phrase sound funny!!!!)
So, after the printouts, we decided to hit the bed and get going by 9:00 AM the next day morning...The dudes were ready by 9:00 AM on the dot, on Diwali.....And, we girls, wore sarees and we were a bit late and finally we hit the road by 11:00 AM.....
More to come on the next post!
Friday, October 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment