So,it was worth the wait! Before talking about anything else, I am dedicating my defense success and the thesis to my parents.
Dearest amma and appa,
I dont talk with you everyday to tell you what I am doing or where I am. I do not even talk to you about my school,academics or anything related to my work. Yet, its just the belief and trust you have been having in me for the past 2 years after sending me to the U.S, the support you have been giving me through those e-mails, those numerous 5-minute phone calls and your prayers and good thoughts have been the only reason for my success now. Mom and Dad, I am happy and proud of you and yes, I love you! :)
So, I had 2 entirely sleepless nights before my defense day....I have participated in a lot of oratory contests and have done a lot of presentations...But this was in no way close to any of them....The pressure was building up and it was too much for me to take it....The last minute changes to most of my slides from my professor added to it....and the "I shouldnt let my advisor down" feeling was driving me crazy....But,finally,all ended well...I was pretty confident people said and was able to tackle most of the questions from the defense committee...
Following are folks whom I am very grateful to....Thanks you guys! You guys are awesome!
1. Suresh (Goldie) and Amit - For patiently listening to and answering all my questions about my defense presentation and be it any damn silly questions...You really gave me the confidence....
2. Cheems - On my D-day, she comes from nowhere and says "Viddy! I wanna come for your presentation!".....I was surprised, because she had a midterm the same day....Cheems, thanks a million...Just seeing you there was a total moral support! Love ya!
3. Charlie(a.k.a chowdhry) - Those pointless discussions and the crazy things you do have always cheered me up and given me loadsa energy during work!
Cheems and Charlie - I can never forget you guys in my entire life....Thanks for the incredible support and help during times of illness. I really cudnt have done it without you guys....
4. Sandy - Thanks for the mind-blowing good luck cheesecake.... ;)
Now, that I am totally jobless, I have actually started the countdown....because I am going to India in a couple of weeks! I cannot believe it myself..Yipeeeeeeeeeeee! On 8th November, 2006, at around the same time, (2:00 PM) I'd actually be flying.....!Wooooooooooooooow!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment